Wednesday 27 October 2010

Whitecross Street Market

Nothing brightens up a drab day in the office like a trip to Whitecross Street Market situated 5 minutes by foot from Old Street Station.




Every day you can find an impressive number of vendors selling delicious meals including salads, burritos, pasta dishes, falafels, curries, noodles, and tapas. 



I am addicted to the £4 salad from Sunny's Olive Tree.  I need a substantial meal in the middle of the day to keep me going throughout the afternoon so I was sceptical the first time I tried the salad, but it really fills you up.  The ingredients differ from day to day, but you can always count on fresh vegetables, humus dressing, sundried tomatos, couscous and beans. It comes with a piece of foccacia. For about £1 extra you get feta cheese and olives.


                       This just made my day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment