Thursday 5 May 2011

Easy Thursday dinner: bangers, beets, oranges, spuds, spinach

I like week night dinners that are tasty, healthy and quick to make.  From prep to finish, I don't want to be spending much more than 30 minutes.  This evening I put together a meal for Mr. Sprinkle and I that ticked all the boxes (score!): sausages with potatoes and a salad consisting of spinach leaves, orange, feta, beets, and sunflower seeds. 

Salad for 2-4 people:
4 diced cooked beet roots
1 peeled and diced orange
100g spinach leaves
feta cheese
sunflower seeds
salt & pepper

1. Mix together the diced beet roots, orange and spinach leaves.  Sprinkle with feta, seeds, salt and pepper to your liking.

I served the salad with sausages and boiled potatoes.  I bought the sausages from the Stocks Farm stall at the wonderful Organic Farmers' Market in Stoke Newington.  I highly recommend the sausages - they were delicious!




The Organic Farmers' Market in Stoke Newington is on every Saturday from 10am to 2.30pm at William Patten School on Stoke Newington Church Street, N16 0NX.

No comments:

Post a Comment