Monday 2 May 2011

Chorizo & potato salad

I hope you all enjoyed the bank holidays! I took off the three days between Easter and the Royal Wedding which means that 11 days of vacation are about to reach an end.  11 days spent in the wonderful company of family and friends over numerous great meals and slightly excessive amounts of drink but, as the good old saying goes, when in Rome...or rather when in Naestved, Copenhagen and London. 

In an attempt to cure the inevitable end-of-holiday-blues and wind down Mr. Sprinkle's and my own excessive food and drink consumption, I just put together a simple chorizo & potato salad which I served with a green salad. 

It took about 30 minutes to prepare both salads. I made four portions of the potato & chorizo salad allowing us to bring in lunch to work tomorrow (I am desperately trying to minimise the trauma of my alarm tomorrow morning by getting back into the swing of normality).

Chorizo & potato salad for 4 friends:
1 kg of new small potatoes
3 sliced cooking chorizos (I used Brindisa)
1 diced red onion
chopped fresh dill
salt & peper
olive oil

1. Wash, peel, (if you like) and boil the potatoes.

2. Meanwhile fry the red onion in a bit of olive oil.  Add the chorizo once they've turned light brown.  Fry for another couple of minutes until the chorizo is done.

3. Once the potatoes are boiled, chop them into bite-size pieces. Place them in a bowl and pour the chorizo, onion and olive oil from the pan over them.  Mix it around and add some salt & pepper before sprinkling the fresh dill on top.

I served the dish with a salad made from romaine leaves, tomatoes, red pepper, feta cheese, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.




Have an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment