Tuesday 22 March 2011

Exploring new neighbourhoods

Apologies for the long silence; these past couple of weeks have been pretty frantic.  I've started a new job and moved to a new flat.  So long office in Clerkenwell and flat in Stockwell, lovely to meet you office by Great Portland Street Station and flat in De Beauvoir Town.  Oh and nice to finally be online while sitting on the couch in my pjs.

I'm loving my new neighbourhood though I already miss my regular places in Stockwell and its vicinity: the 
Old Post Office Bakery, the Canton ArmsBrunswick House Cafe, the Oval Lounge, and the Oval Farmers Market.I will also miss the lively strip of Portuguese restaurants and shops on South Lambeth Road not to mention popping intNardulli's across from Clapham Common for a cheeky gelato.  Luckily I've only moved across the river and, though switching banks is a big deal in London terms, I have every intention of visiting my old pastures every now and again.

I haven't explored my new office neighbourhood much yet, but I'm hoping to discover places that will make up for the fact that I am no longer in lunch-distance from PhoBurrito BrosLook Mum No Hands, the Larder and the White Cross Street Market. So far I've enjoyed a delicious lunch and dinner at The Queen's Head and Artichoke on Albany Street.

Meanwhile my two favourite discoveries in my new neighbourhood are the De Beauvoir Deli and Sabor. I will do proper blog posts on these and much more very soon. Just wanted to say that I am back!

No comments:

Post a Comment