It all started at the Farmers' Market by Oval Station where my mum and I picked up 10 pheasant breasts (for just £10 pounds!), bacon and apples. Hard to go wrong with these 3 ingredients, ey?Well, add some cream and you are home free!
To serve 4 friends:
8 pheasant breasts
8 pieces of smoked bacon
8 apples (washed and cut into boats)
150 ml of single cream
150ml of water
1. Turn the oven on and set it to 200 degrees.
2. Heat a pan on the stove. Fry the bacon on the pan until crisp and brown. Take the bacon off.
3. Fry the pheasant breasts in the fat left from the bacon (add a bit of oil if there isn't enough fat left) for a few minutes until they turn brown. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper while they are on the pan. Take them off the pan and place them in an ovenproof tray.
4. Now fry the apple boats on the pan in the remaining fat for a few minutes. Place them around the pheasant breasts in the tray. Place a piece of bacon on top of each pheasant breast.
5. Pour the single cream onto the pan which you have just used to fry the bacon, pheasant and apple. Add 150ml of water. Mix it together. Switch off once it starts to boil. Pour it over the apples, pheasant and bacon in the tray.
6. Place the tray in the pre-heated oven for 30 - 45 minutes.
Serve with boiled potatoes or potato wedges.