Thursday 16 June 2011

Brunch at Albion in Shoreditch, London

A couple of weeks ago I went for Sunday brunch at Albion in trendy Shoreditch with my friend Rena.  This cafe/shop/bakery is obviously a popular spot - we waited just about 30mins for a table and, let me tell you, they aren't short of seating space. I've walked past on other weekends and there always seems to be a bit of a queue.  Positive albeit slightly annoying when your body is screaming for bacon and coffee. 

You are made wait in the shop area where you will be tempted by cakes, bread, teas, wines, dairy products (organic, bien sur) and other treats.  It is a bit like queuing to pay in the fenced-in areas of Marks & Sparks next to all the nuts and chocolate - only the stuff at Albion is a hundred times more tempting.









Once seated in the very bright and airy dining area (it felt very Scandinavian because of all the light wood and minimalist decor), I ordered a bloody mary and a bacon sandwich.  I thought the brunch offerings were a bit dull, but it was a tasty sandwich. The service was friendly and fast. 



After our meal we browsed through the impressive selection of delicious and exciting goodies in the shop.  I'm definitely coming back for some of their cakes. 

Albion is on 2-4 Boundary Street in Shoreditch E2 7DD. 0207 729 1051

No comments:

Post a Comment