Wednesday 5 January 2011

Fremont Diner in Sonoma, CA

This will be my last post about places to eat in northern California this time around.   I have saved the best for last: the Fremont Diner in beautiful Sonoma. A place that ticks all the boxes - excellent food, excellent atmosphere and excellent service.  I realise most people visit Sonoma to indulge in wine, but if you're in the area, you really ought to have at least one meal here in between tastings. 

You couldn't dream up a better place; I have accepted that I will probably never eat a whole hog sandwich as tasty as the one I had at the diner until I return.

     
Run by caterer Chad Harris this place serves classic American dishes including hamburgers, chilli con carne, mac & cheese, ribs, and fried chicken.  Each dish is cooked to perfection and served with nice sides. My whole hog sandwich came with pickled fennel and perfect fries.  The chilli was served with freshly baked corn bread.  Each portion was just the right size.

      

Situated against a backdrop of vineyards, the diner is beautifully located but looks pretty rundown from the outside. Step inside and it is a whole other story.  The counter is reminiscent of an old grocery store while the seating area is bright and full of quirky retro signs and objects. 


  
            
The Fremont Diner is located on 2698 Fremont Drive, SonomaCA95476. Tel. 707-938-7370. 

No comments:

Post a Comment